Certified Production and Inventory Management Professional
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Master Planning of Resources
- Detailed Scheduling and Planning
- Execution and Control of Operations
- Strategic Management of Resources
WHO SHOULD PURSUE CPIM? A CPIM education is essential for professionals involved in:
- Production and inventory management
- Supply chain management
- Materials management
BASICS OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
The critical concepts in managing the complete flow of materials in a supply chain from suppliers to customers are covered in the Basics of Supply Chain Management module. Supply chain concepts are introduced and basic terminology emphasized, as are relationships among activities in the supply chain.
- Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Demand Management and Forecasting Techniques
- Priority and capacity planning at the Master Planning, MRP and PAC levels
- Aggregate and Item Inventory Management
- Purchasing and Physical Distribution
- Lean/JIT, Quality Systems and Theory of Constraints
MASTER PLANNING OF RESOURCES
- Demand Management
- Sales and Operations Planning
- Master Scheduling
- Measuring Business Performance.
DETAILED SCHEDULING AND PLANNING
- Recognizing Techniques and Practices of Inventory Management
- Mechanics of the Detailed Material Planning Process
- Planning Operations to Support the Priority Plan
- Planning Procurement and External Sources of Supply.
EXECUTION AND CONTROL OF OPERATIONS
- Prioritizing and Sequencing Work
- Executing Plans and Implementing Controls
- Authorizing and Reporting Activities for Push and Pull Systems
- Evaluating Performance and Providing Feedback.
STRATEGIC MANAGEMENT OF RESOURCES
- Competitive Market Issues
- Choices Affecting Facilities, Supply Chain, Information Technology, and Organizational Design
- Configuring and Integrating Internal Processes
- Evaluating and Managing Projects.