Principles of Operations Management Program
- Cross-functional training for senior managers
- Foundational training to get new members of your team up to speed and contributing.
- Targeted training to address specific operational challenges within your org
The Principles of Operations Managment Progam is designed to help you meet these challenges quickly.
The core program consists of 45 learning modules organized in five main courses. The courses can be taken in their “off the shelf” form or the modules can be mixed and matched to meet your specific needs. We will also work with you to customize the sequence and content.
Standard "Off the Shelf" Courses
- The Principles of Inventory Management
- The Principles of Operations Planning
- The Principles of Manufacturing Management
- The Principles of Distribution and Logistics
- The Principles of Managing Operations
Each standard course consists of Nine instructor lead classroom sessions plus a mid-term and final exam.
Customized To Your Unique Needs
A common option is to replace exams with a class project or to begin directly applying the new skills to day to day challenges.
The Principles of Inventory Management provides a functional knowledge and understanding of inventory and purchasing management principles, roles and responsibilities, and techniques.
- Inventory management fundamentals
- Ordering techniques
- Replenishment policies
- Purchasing management
- Just-in-time and lean methodologies
- Inventory performance measurement
Principles of Operations Planning
The Principles of Operations Planning course imparts a fundamental knowledge and understanding of the basic inventory planning principles and techniques that are used at each level in the planning process, from strategic to tactical.
- Planning foundations
- Business planning
- Basics of forecasting
- Sales and operations planning
- Master scheduling
- Capacity management
- Operations systems
The Principles of Manufacturing Management
The Principles of Manufacturing Management provides an introduction to manufacturing management core concepts and activities related to production planning, scheduling and process control.
- Manufacturing management fundamentals
- Manufacturing product structures
- Material requirements planning (MRP)
- Capacity planning and management
- Production activity control
- Advanced scheduling
- Lean production management
Principles of Distribution and Logistics
The Principles of Distribution and Logistics introduces the foundations and operations of supply channel inventory, warehousing and transportation operations.
- Operations management foundations
- Introduction to distribution and logistics
- Distribution channel design
- Inventory management
- Distribution requirements planning (DRP)
- Warehouse management
- Packaging and material handling
- Transportation management
- Transportation operations
Principles of Managing Operations
The Principles of Managing Operations introduces the fundamentals of operational process design, quality and organizational management and performance.
- Processes and operations
- Project management
- Product and process design
- Total quality management
- Statistical quality control
- Process improvement and optimization
- Organizational management and performance